MCAI & FCAI
The College of Anaesthesiologists of Ireland Examination Regulations governs the content and conduct of the examination leading to the award of Membership (MCAI) and Fellowship of the College of Anaesthesiologists of Ireland (FCAI).
These regulations specify:
– The set requirements before a candidate is eligible to apply for the examinations.
– The procedure to be followed in order to apply for the examination.
– The duration for which successfully passed examinations remain valid.
– The provision for guidance in the event of failure and the appeals process.
– The procedure for making representations and sanctions for infringements.
Information in this document is accurate at the date of publication, to the best of our knowledge. However Regulations are continually evolving and up-to-date information should be obtained in writing from the College.
There is inevitably some repetition in this document as it is intended to be used as a reference. If Regulations are unclear or seem contradictory, the College of Anaesthesiologists of Ireland will determine the correct interpretation.